If you live in Arkansas and are about to go out to buy CBD oil, then perhaps you should make yourself comfortable with the state laws before you do so. Even though all hemp-derived CBD products are legal throughout the United States thanks to the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill, Arkansas has its own laws in effect regarding both hemp- and marijuana-derived products.
CBD in Arkansas: Everything You Should Know
The main points to be aware of when searching for CBD in Arkansas are whether it's legal, and if so, where and how to find it. Our helpful guide is the perfect primer for learning where to buy CBD oil in Arkansas and what you should be looking for in a top-quality product. As you learn more about state CBD legality and the history of hemp in Arkansas, you'll become more comfortable as a consumer and be better prepared to make the best CBD purchase.
Is CBD Oil Legal in Arkansas?
CBD can be extracted from the hemp and the marijauana plants, which are both varieties of the cannabis plant. And under the 2014 Agricultural Act, industrial hemp is legal to grow and cultivate in the United States. CBD products that are made from hemp naturally contain at or below the federal legal limit of 0.3% THC, while marijuana-derived products contain well over that amount. For those who are new to the world of CBD, THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, is a well-known cannabinoid in the cannabis plant that causes people to feel “high” when ingested in large quantities. Luckily, because the hemp plant naturally contains low levels of this cannabinoid, there’s no way that anyone can feel “high” from using a hemp-based CBD product.
Interestingly, the government in Arkansas is looking for different ways to use industrial hemp. To that end, it introduced Act 981, also known as the Arkansas Industrial Hemp Act, in 2017 that permits farmers, universities, researchers, and processors to explore various uses for hemp. Some of these uses include food, clothing, fuel, paper, and plastic. Act 981 also made purchasing CBD legal in Arkansas as long as it contains 0.3% or less THC. Therefore, if you reside in Arkansas, you will not need a prescription from your physician to buy any hemp-based CBD products. In order to buy marijuana-derived products in the state, you’ll need to first apply for a medical marijuana license and obtain a doctor’s recommendation.
Is Marijuana Legal in Arkansas?
In the state of Arkansas, possessing less than four ounces of marijuana can lead to one year in prison and a $2500 fine. If you’re caught with over four ounces, then you could end up with a six year jail sentence and a $10,000 fine. The good news is that Arkansas voters approved the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Amendment in 2016 that made it possible for those who reside in the state to apply for a medical marijuana license. In order to be eligible for a medical marijuana license in Arkansas you have to be diagnosed with:
- Hepatitis C
- Tourettes’s Syndrome
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Severe Arthritis
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Wasting Syndrome
- Severe Nausea
- Seizures including those caused by epilepsy
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Severe muscle spasms including those that are linked to multiple sclerosis
In order to be approved for a medical marijuana license, you have to submit an application to the state, live in Arkansas, and have written certification from a licensed physician. There is also a small application fee of $50. Members of the Arkansas National Guard and the United States Military cannot apply for a medical marijuana card. Citizens with a medical marijuana card in the state of Arkansas can legally possess 2.5 ounces of marijuana for personal use that may only be consumed on your private property. Medicinal marijuana can be legally purchased at any state-licensed dispensaries.
Where to Buy CBD Oil in Arkansas
Before going to a store or jumping online to buy CBD oil in Arkansas, you should do your research. When you take a deep dive into brands and products, you’ll be ensuring that you’re buying high-quality CBD oil from a trusted and respected brand. Keep in mind that while it may seem easy to hop in your car and drive down to the nearest brick and mortar store, you may not find everything that you’re looking for. Along with a limited selection, there’s also no guarantee that the staff will be knowledgeable or able to answer your questions in the manner that you need for them to be. Moreover, you cannot take all the time you need to read product packages and lab reports because you’ll be confined to the store’s hours.
Buying CBD Oil Online in Arkansas
In Arkansas, as in any state, you’ll likely have the most success shopping for CBD oil online from reputable brands. Not only will you be able to take all the time you need to thoroughly look into products, but you’ll also be able to compare different brands against each other. Then once you’re ready, you’ll get to shop for your favorite CBD products from the comfort of your own home and then have your order shipped directly to your doorstep. Also when you shop online, you’ll be able to take advantage of coupon codes, discount programs, subscription programs, and sales that brands have to offer. So not only will you be able to buy top-quality products, but you’ll also be able to get them at reasonable prices.
CBD Oil in Arkansas: Online Shops vs Local Stores
Clearly we think that shopping for CBD oil online is the safest bet, but let's look at another perspective. If you're the kind of person who is more motivated by in-person experiences and you learn better kinesthetically or through verbal communication, then visiting a local CBD store might be the best way to start!
When you walk in, you'll want to talk to who's working there and ask all your questions. Don't be afraid to lay it all out and even to sound like you don't know what you're talking about. They will answer as many of your questions as possible, and you still don't have to make the purchase if you're not satisfied yet. Go for it if you got all your questions answered, and it'll be great to support a local business. But look closely at the products, read the labels, and then remember you can always come home and finish up online. Almost any product that can be found in a store can also be found online, and it's often cheaper to get it delivered to you directly.
What to Look for When Buying CBD Oil in Arkansas
When it comes to shopping for CBD, you should always do these few things before making a purchase:
- Read any and all third-party lab reports — All reputable brands use an independent third-party lab to routinely test all of their products for potency and purity. In the spirit of transparency, these brands will also make those results easy for customers to find by posting them directly onto their websites.
- Avoid brands that make wild claims — Brands that claim their products cure diseases and quickly heal difficult health issues should raise a giant red flag for you. Any brands that make outlandish claims about their products should be avoided at all costs.
- Read all verified customer reviews — What better way to gain an understanding about a brand and its products than to read the words and reviews of verified customers? If a brand fails to post customer reviews, or if there are a host of negative reviews, then you might want to reconsider buying products from them.
- Learn where the brand sources its hemp from — This is important because hemp that’s grown in the United States is not held to the same regulations as hemp that’s grown overseas. Most reputable brands are involved in the product creation process from seed to sale. To that end, they also grow and cultivate their hemp within the United States from organic farms that use clean farming practices.
- Consider the extraction method — Even though there are many different ways to extract CBD from the hemp and marijuana plants, currently, the CO2 extraction process is the cleanest method that’s also industry preferred. Other types of extraction methods can leave harmful solvents and chemicals in the final product. Brands that use the CO2 extraction process are able to have pure and potent extracts that are free from dangerous solvents and other chemicals.
When you spend some time doing research, you’ll be able to make an informed decision that will save you a lot of money and frustration in the long-run by avoiding less reputable brands that sell low-quality products. When you choose to shop for CBD oil in a store, you’ll have a harder time trying to double check all of these factors before deciding on a product. If you’re looking for top-quality hemp-based CBD products, then shopping online for them is your best option. For example, when you shop online with FAB CBD, not only will you have a solid variety of pure and potent products to choose from, but you’ll also be able to take advantage of our Subscribe and Save Discount Program that will bring you big savings on your favorite products.
Since the CBD market is flooded with a wealth of brands, it can be overwhelming and frustrating shopping for CBD oil online. In looking for a respected, trustworthy, and transparent brand, you should go with one that:
- Obtains its extracts from organic, certified industrial hemp
- Uses the industry preferred CO2 extraction process
- Creates products that contain a wide spectrum of cannabinoids, terpenes, and phytonutrients
- Uses an independent lab to routinely test its products and then publishes those results on its website
- Has shipping and return policies that are easy to understand and follow
- Has a kind, well-versed, and attentive customer service department
If the brand that you’re interested in checks off most all of these boxes, then it’s definitely one to hold on to. If, however, the brand is unclear in some or all of these checkpoints, then you should avoid buying any CBD products from them. A good point to remember when buying CBD products in Arkansas — or anywhere else for that matter — is that you should know exactly what it is that you’ll be putting into your body. And if a brand leaves you feeling uncertain or unclear about anything, then that should raise a red flag for you.
Summary on Legality and Buying CBD Oil in Arkansas
The state of Arkansas is slowly but surely making progress with marijuana-derived CBD products. So, while you can buy marijuana-based CBD legally in the state with a medical marijuana license, it’s still easier to buy hemp-derived CBD products online from a reputable brand. Hemp-based CBD products are more affordable, reliable, and are of better quality online than most products sold in stores. But in order to make sure that you’re getting the highest quality product for your goals and needs, you should double check to confirm that the brand you’re interested in uses a third-party lab to test all of its products.
Additionally, staying up to date with the latest local laws in Arkansas, as well as with any breaking developments in the CBD industry, will help to safeguard you against less reputable brands that sell subpar products. And while you may be able to find some solid CBD products at a store nearest you, your best bet is to find a trustworthy, respected online brand to buy your CBD products from.